This recipe was sent to me by Lise W. and I have to say… I LOVE THIS RECIPE. Right now they are baking in the oven, and I should wait to comment until I have at least tasted one, but I have no patience. First, they are super quick and easy to make, and with one batch I made about fifty or so cookies. Instead of one large Hersey kiss I used two small dark chocolate chips. My hubby likes chocolate, but loves meringue the most.
The recipe is from All Recipe, and you can click here to view it.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 44 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- In small bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar, peppermint extract (if using) and salt till soft peaks form.
- Very gradually add sugar; bet till very stiff peaks form. Drop by tablespoon 1 1/2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Press a chocolate kiss into each cookie. With a table knife, bring meringue up over candy.
- Bake in 275 degree F (140 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes. Immediately move to rack to cool
Recipe by Mellan